Since most people don’t like to read long dissertations on anything I wanted to offer some guidelines to live long and prosper. So here goes:
- Eat plenty of fruits (choose low glycemic fruits like berries) and vegetables (less starchy and more leafy greens).
- Make sure you buy as much organic as your budget allows. Dairy is a MUST and make it grass-fed. There are certain fruits and vegetables you can get away with not buying organic but some you must. Chart below.
- Buy non GMO products.
- Stay away from packaged, boxed or canned food unless the can is BPA free. Many foods come in cartons now. Frozen is better option.
- Eat only wild fish like salmon and sardines that are filled with omega 3 fatty acids which are good for your health. They are also safe fish to eat without toxins.
- Use extra virgin olive oil for salads (do not fry or cook on the stove with it) and unrefined coconut oil for frying or sautéing.
- Eat meat as a condiment but make sure it’s grass fed and doesn’t have any antibiotics or hormones present.
- If the product you are buying has more than a few ingredients, don’t but it. If you can’t identify ingredients on a label, put it back on the shelf.
- Fall in love with cooking at home. Food in restaurants is filled with salt and sugar.
- Use as many herbs and spices as you can. They have tremendous health benefits.
- Take probiotics or eat plain yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut or kimchi. Most people have digestive issues. The gut is responsible for the health of our immune system and an unhealthy gut can lead to depression and more research is being done linking gut issues to Alzheimer’s. Along with a healthy diet and exercise, consider taking a probiotic or supplements from sites as buymodafinilonline that improve body and mind.
- Sugar is the culprit of many diseases…stay away from it!
- Try meditation for at least five minutes a day and work up to ten then twenty. It’s a practice so stick with it even if your mind races. That’s normal. You will be so happy you did!
- Exercise but make sure it’s fun. Yoga and Tai Chi are great for alleviating stress along with a whole host of health benefits.
- Take large breaks from social media. You are missing out on so much by filling your mind with other people’s lives.
- Consume less. Buying things does not contribute to happiness, quite the contrary. Take joy in experiences rather than things.
- Spend more time in nature.
- Help others less fortunate.
- Treasure the people you love and have compassion for those you don’t.
- Don’t obsess.
- Love, love , love!
- Enjoy a glass of good red wine!